Skip to main content

20 months

I'm at my parents house and Christos is playing outside so I have snuck in a few minutes to update my blog. We had a great weekend. I guess that is pretty much standard, as 2 days in a row with my child can only be great. (Okay, I'm not going to talk about how tiring it is, too, at least not in this post!) Christos makes us laugh all day long. His new thing is telling us 'secrets' and whispering sweet nothings in our ears. Melts me! So sweet. He is 20 months old today! 20 months old! That means he is 4 months away from being a 2 year old. I can't believe my little baby boy, the baby who was born weighing 8 pounds, is now almost a full-fledged 2 year old toddler. He's got the most incredible personality, he's always happy, always smiling, friendly to everyone, and such an explorer. Unlike most kids in his playgroup who are content playing with the toys, Christos is off discovering where the sounds are coming from - was that a truck that drove by? Is that a cobweb? What is going on downstairs? Did you hear the airplane, too? Hmm, what does this vent do? So funny. Just like his daddy in that sense, always wanting to know more, to figure out how things work, and why. He loves fixing things with his tools. Such a boy in that sense. So loving, too. He is at his happiest when his entire family is with him... me, his daddy, my parents, my sister, my in-laws, his cousins. If there are a whole bunch of people around him, he's just the happiest little guy, ever. We are going to see Hi-5 at the NAC in June! I can't wait, because he absolutely loves Hi-5. And I do, too! And I can't wait, because I know we'll have a great time together. We'll make an evening out of it. We'll go have an early dinner downtown, then go to the NAC for our first mommy-son show. My little boy... almost 2 years old! I can only say that my love for him grows more and more every day. I find it hard to believe he is mine, that I creating this perfect little human being and that he is growing up to be such a wonderful, pleaseant, smart, handsome, funny person. My son. My love. My life! I feel very blessed to be his mommy.

Comments