Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Backyard completed!

I'm so excited that our backyard is close to being finished! Thanks to my amazing dad and father-in-law, my backyard looks like it's out a magazine now! They landscaped our backyard with gorgeous interlocking stones and build beautiful stairs as well. It's a masterpiece, and I'll post pictures soon. They worked day and night every weekend and some weeknights for the last few weeks. My son loved watching them work, and even helped with his little shovel!

We also got a brand-new BBQ to replace the one we received for our wedding almost 4 years ago... it was a good BBQ but we used it all the time so it was time to get a new one. We also got a nice shed for the backyard to store Chrisots's 'stuff', like his little bike, wagon, car, etc.

We have a little area with grass for the swingset, and we'll plant a couple of trees soon, too.

Last summer, my husband finished our front yard landscaping, and the stones match the backyard now. My husband is such a handyman - he painted our entire house, put crown mouldings throughout the house, and thick baseboards throughout, installed ceremic tiles, finished the nursery, including installing hardwood floors, crown moulding, chair rail, and baseboard, painting it, and finished our basement - hardwood floors, paint, pot lights, and built-in bookcases. He practically lives in Home Depot and I swear, he's amazing! I'll post pics soon of all the projects he has done on his own. So back to the backyard - I can't wait to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday outside this summer and enjoy our patio for many days and nights to come!

Yay for summer and thank you to my dad and dad-in-law for their incredible hard work and love. :)

1 comment:

Catwoman said...

Wow! Sounds fantastic! Must be so exciting to see it just about finished!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs