Friday, May 18, 2007

The Office and Grey's Anatomy.... my review!

Well at least The Office had a great season finale. It seriously was great, the entire hour, and kept us waiting until the last possible minute to see what, if anything, would happen between Jim and Pam. So... to make a long story short: Jim asked Pam out! Yay! Yay! Yay! The best finale, ever. I am so excited for next season. Michael, Karen and Jim - none of them got the job at Corporate. Ryan did! Haha... he was great in the last few seconds of the show, too. But I'm still on cloud nine over Jam. Sooooo about time!

As for Grey's Anatomy... reading viewer's responses on various websites, one thing is clear: there are not too many people out there who thought it was a good finale. In fact, almost everything I have read online has said the same thing: "Worst finale ever... too much drama... too much like a soap opera.. turning into Ally McBeal.... Dereck/Meredith dragging on too long.." And I kind of have to agree. While I thoroughly enjoyed the entire episode, I am pretty certain I don't feel sorry for the characters anymore. They are surrounded by so much pain and suffering and lost lives and love day in, day out... can't they take a step back and appreciate how good they have it? How there is someone there who will love them, if they only gave that person a chance? How can they ALL have such bad luck in love? That is so unrealistic. As if not even one main character is 'happily' married, and getting on with their lives. They're not 20, after all. It just seems totally unrealistic to me. But still... I love the show. And I think I want Izzie and George together. They're cute together. Dereck, well, I'm sure something will happen next season with him and the Grey sisters - did you know (as I found out from Kerry's blog) that the new girl intern who talked to George in the locker room was the girl that Dereck flirted with last week, and is also Meredith's sister? WOW! Yeah... next year, something will happen with her for sure. Will George re-do his internship? I think so. What will happen with Christina and Burke? He left her... does that mean he is gone from the show for good? And Alex... I hope he finds Ava again. All in all it was very entertaining. I especially liked Adelle and the Cheif storyline. Until next year!

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Well...I have to say though, I am sooooooooooooo ready for next season to start. I can't wait!

So, yes, lots of loose ends if you ask me, but still...I love the show.

And, I'm ready for Addison's new show. Great...one more thing I'll be hooked on.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the finale but had pretty much the same reaction you did. However, I read Shonda Rimes' reasoning behind the finale at http://www.greyswriters.com/ and it gave me a lot of insight into what she was thinking. You might enjoy it!

Catwoman said...

I didn't want to read this post until now, since I'd Tivo'd the Office finale and didn't want to get any spoilers. :)

I loved the finale too. I loved that Ryan will now be Michael's boss, brilliant! And I can't wait to see what happens with Jim/Pam/Karen... Because what will happen to Karen? Will she come back to Scranton?

And I liked this Grey's better than the previous two episodes. And I cried when Christina was dumped, Sandra Oh is incredible on that show. But yeah, it definitely seems to be running out of steam and isn't as brilliant as it once was.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs