Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The two second update!

I have about two minutes to update this blog, before my baby wakes up from his nap! So here's the short form of what's new with me and my life as a busy mom:

1. My 3 year old was toilet trained last week! I never thought I'd see the day. I bought a stock of nice underwear from Gymboree, and a big bristol board and stickers from Dollarama, and turned it into a game... he loved it, and has been doing pee-pee and poo-poo on the toilet ever sice! WOOHOO! Now I fear going to public dirty bathrooms with him... ewww!

2. Baby Dimitry is 8 months old and a wonderful baby with great vocal cords! He's about to crawl, he pulls himself to a standing position, he loves his big brother and he loves FOOD! He's already 20 pounds! And eating Cheerios! He smiles 24/7. And is becoming very, very demanding!

3. I am not looking forward to going back to work in two months. Sigh. Luckily my family will be the care-givers so that's a big sigh of relief for me.

4. We are about to register Christos to Montesorri, but I'm thinking giving it another year and then enrolling him there for kindergarden... it's a great school and because he's so smart, I think he'll really benefit from being there. He's at the asking 'why' phase, to everything! "Why does the water go down the toilet like that? Why is the grass green? Why why why all day long, I love it, although sometimes I don't have all the answers! Recently, he asked where energy comes from. Ummm...

5. My sister got married! It was a gorgeous day. I'm posting some pictures to make up for the lack of words in this post.

6. I have an interview tomorrow and need lots of luck!

Gina and Sean's wedding day!


My gorgeous baby!


My gorgeous 3 year old!

2 comments:

Lola said...

HI
Found you thru the fishbowl. Just read a few posts:) Montessori-true Montessori, likes to get the kids early-age 3 even if just have days but by 4 they want them-minimum 2 years in Casa although they want 3 usually. Also, I am sure that you know that not all Montessori schools are the same as the word was never copyrighted:) My daughter is 8 and is in 3rd year of junior elementary aka 3rd grade. It has been and continues to be an amazing experience. I wish my son had gone but that was a different time. Both of my kids are bright and read early and Montessori certainly nurtures that.
:)Lo

Loukia said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I have heard great things about Montessori. It was a huge back and forth battle we were having... should we put him in Casa next year, or not... I think we'll go with the regular school system... just because after kindergarten, a lot of kids transfer out of Montessori anyway... and I don't want him to have start over again, you know? But I am still thinking about it... I know he'd love it... he is truly smart and I think he would prefer the Montessori way of teaching...

Blog Designed by: NW Designs