Skip to main content

Monday picture post!

A lot of fun was had at the sugar bush last weekend. It was a gorgeous day - a bit chilly, but the sun was shining brightly!





This is is a picture of my sister going down the slide with Christos. Notice her look of fear? That's because she was out of control on the slide. And I think she sort of forgot that she was actually holding Christos, because he did not do well going down this slide! Even though he is smiling in the picture - a few seconds later there were tears. And a very hurt ankle. See his foot, all the way up there? Yup, that explains it!



And see how happy he is in this picture? That's because his very own excavator liscense came in the mail! Just for him! He was very proud of this, and wore it around his neck all day. (Shh, don't say anything, but his dad made this and even put it in the mailbox for him!)



And well, this picture is just too darn cute not to share! Dimitry all smiles after bath time.



Easter was a lot of fun. I wrote an Easter post a little while back, so I won't get into it again. I will say that we had a fabulous time with all our family, and yes, we did consume a lot of food. And very yummy lamb. The weather was pefection and the boys were outside playing all day long. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend!



I tried to get a great picture of the two boys together, but it was very difficult.

This was the conversation, more or less:

Me: "Christos, please sit beside Dimitry so I can take a picture of you two."
Christos: "No."
Me: "Please hon, it will only take a second."
Christos: "No."
Me: "Christos look over here, Oh my GOD look at the size of that spider on Gina's head, Oh my God look here look here look here look here look here!"
Christos: Looking bored.
Me: "I'll give you a hundred bucks if you just sit beside Dimitry and smile."




I eventually got a half decent picture of the two of them. On a rusty old swing-set, no less... Does everyone have as hard a time as I do trying to get their children to smile for the camera?

Comments

Heather said…
your boys are gorgeous! Love the 'invented mail' idea - going to steal that one for sure!
Jessica said…
Adorable! I like that mail idea, too.
LOL, "I'll give you a hundred bucks if you sit there" :-D Haven't we all uttered that sentence, though not always for pictures ;-)
Julie said…
Sounds like Easter was a great success and that you enjoyed the awesome weather. Where did you got for the sugar shack. Looks like there was some fun stuff for the kids to do.
Loukia said…
Hey Julie!

We always go to Proulx Farms. We go there in the fall for the spooky wagon ride and to buy our pumpkins, and we go in the summer for strawberry picking - that's my favourite!

This is their website:

http://www.proulxberryfarm.com
McMommy said…
Oh my goodness...the slide picture!! At first I thought it was all fun and games...and then I saw his little ankle up by his head! What a crazy slide!
Chandra said…
ALL the pictues are adorable! Such a good idea about the mail, my youngest is fascinated with any junk mail that we get so something that actaully has his name on it would be cool; I will have to remember that one!
Rebecca said…
Amazing pics! And yes, getting my son to sit with his little sister for a picture - and smile at the same time - is no easy task!!
Loukia said…
Thanks, everyone! McMommy - it was a crazy slide indeed!
Unknown said…
What sweet pictures! That slide looks insane! But in a fun kind of insane :)

Glad he's okay and LOVE the sweet mail he got--that's really a great idea!
Cynthia said…
I can't get both of them to sit still...let alone smile:P

The slide looks a bit scary...glad they both made it!
Nicole said…
My son used to ham it up for the camera and loves to see photos of himself but I think he's changed his mind about "liking" to have his photo taken.
I learned this when I dolled us both up and took him to a photo studio in Kanata.
He had a complete meltdown before we were even through the front doors -- as soon as he saw the camera equipment.
For the better part of an hour!
We're making another attempt tomorrow evening though! lol
His preferred photo method is the cellphone camera self portrait :P

Your boys are beautiful!
Anonymous said…
Yes. I have the same trouble getting my two boys in a picture together.

Fun post - lots of CUTE pictures.