Thursday, June 18, 2009

Breaking News!

My darling Christos, who is two months away from turning 4 years old, took the plunge yesterday. He started swimming all on his own, around the entire pool - deep end, shallow end, the whole thing - for hours! He had a great time, and he said:

"I'm never going to forget the first day I swam by myself."

Aww! Break my heart. Talk about a milestone meltdown for this mommy! (Actually, there were no tears. Only a feeling of happiness for him!)





In other news...

My baby boy, Dimitry, is 17 months old today! Wow! He's my little sunshine and I just LOVE him! He is the happiest child, ever. Always smiling, laughing, dancing. And so, so smart. He truly amazes me, everyday. I can't believe how quickly he is growing, right before my eyes...

19 comments:

Scary Mommy said...

Awwwww, they're both precious!!! And those firsts are so bittersweet. :)

Chantal said...

So cute, both of them!

MamaNeena said...

What wonderful news! Two very big boys you have there! Excuse me while I go hug mine...

Stacie's Madness said...

wow, big boys!!! I loved when my kids cut the apron strings and swam alone...I was so proud and so were they!

Julie said...

Congratulations Cristos! That's awesome!!

Kami's Khlopchyk said...

Wonderful! It's so wonderful when they both learn to swim...much more relaxing for Mom!

The White House said...

Those boys... too cute and how great to have a little fishy on your hands.

Christy said...

So awesome! Congrats to both of them -month birthdays and swimming! Fabulous!

Chelle said...

Two HUGE milestones! What a wonderful feeling for you, momma :)

Shana said...

YAY!!! Jacob started swimming this week too!! Maybe its something in the water???

ModernMom said...

So great! Soon you will be able to sit by the side of the pool with your pina coloda and watch!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Yayyyyy!

Nap Warden said...

OK, I can't get past the fact that you are swimming! Do you know how cold it is in Chicago?:(

CaraBee said...

What cuties! And yay for Christos swimming all by himself!!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

What a wonderful milestone! I am so happy to know that Cash will swim one day!!
I love your pictures of your darlin' boys!!

Rebecca said...

So sweet! oh my goodness, they grow up too fast!

Lady Mama said...

So sweet that he said that. Both boys are just adorable.

Loukia said...

Thanks everyone! xox

mistress pink said...

aww way ta go christos
looking cute dimitry

Blog Designed by: NW Designs