Skip to main content

Good times

For the second time in my life since becoming a mom, I spent a night away from my children.



And I survived!

I got in my car, along with one of my best friends, and drove 2 hours away to meet up with our other 2 best friends for a mini vacation away from our crazy, busy, hectic lives.

We left the children at home, in the good and capable hands of our husbands and parents, got together, and had a terrific time.





I didn't even call home that much! I had frequent updates from my mom through email, telling me that Dimitry was having a great time, was entertained downtown, ate like a champ, and fell asleep without a problem at 8:30 p.m.

Christos also had a great time without me, playing with his cousins, baking muffins with my sister, and falling asleep with his father.

As for my lovely friends and I - despite the fact that our mini vacation was in a rather small city, we had a fabulous time! All you need is a hotel room, some good wine, a great restaurant, and conversations that go on all night... it was a great way to re-charge, re-connect, and come home feeling, despite the lack of sleep, refreshed. I love these girls so much!

And even though I was only away for 1 night - God knows I could not handle 2 nights in a row - I missed my boys!

So seeing this little face:



And this little face:



Brought a huge smile to my face, and I spent what was left of the weekend swimming with and playing with the loves of my life!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great post so true nice to get away but soo nice gettin back
CailinMarie said…
awe! GOOD FOR YOU! For getting out with your girls! Your little men are way cute. "course you miss 'em!
I am awarding you a "lovely blog" award - if you do awards - come claim it. :-)
CailinMarie {myprettyface on twitter}
Lady Mama said…
Glad you had a good time! Nothing a night away with girlfriends. I have a similar weekend planned in September and have the same feelings of excitement and fear of missing my boys!
Christy said…
Awww so glad you had such a great time with your girlfriends, and that's just awesome that the boys were fine too! I need to plan something like for next year, for sure!
Loukia, you look so gorgeous! Look at you girl, you are HOT!

And I'm so glad you had fun! We all need a girls' night out every now and then... so we can return to our little loves with renewed enthusiasm :-)
Chantal said…
Glad you had a good time! Did you end up meeting up with BOREDmommy?
Jacquie said…
I am glad you had a good mini vacay! Nothing is better than having a night with your girl friends!
Jessica said…
It's HARD to leave them! I just went through this this Friday (as you know). Isn't it crazy? I wonder if it gets easier as they get older and we get more used to being apart from them. ??
Shana said…
so happy you got away!!
Looks like fun! Little getaways are so good for the spirit, aren't they?
Kelly said…
It's kind of sad and nice at the same time when your kids get along just fine without you. I'm glad you had a great trip
girls' getaways are a MUST! once i overcome the guilt of being away, i am always so glad i did it. and, love that feeling when you come back...the hugs, kisses, i love yous...