Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Knowing me, knowing you...

Just in case you didn't know enough about me, here's some more information for you!

Haven't you always wanted to know who I'd want to be if I could be a cartoon character?

Thanks to the lovely Jessica from This is Worthwhile for tagging me in this - it was a lot of fun!

Who is the hottest movie star?

I think Catherine Zeta-Jones is stunningly beautiful, and such a 'movie star'. Also? George Clooney.

Apart from your house and your car, what's the most expensive item you've ever bought?

Hmmm.... the most expensive item I have ever bought? Or that my husband has ever bought for me? Besides my engagement ring, it would be my Tiffany & Co. diamond earrings! He surprised me with them the Christmas I was pregnant with Dimitry, and about to give birth. Even though I could barely move, I was very happy! They were also my 'push present'. My 'push present' with Christos was the 10 chain heart bracelet from Tiffany & Co. Also, my Louis Vuitton was a birthday gift from hubby that I bought in Florida in August, 2004. Yes, I even remember the month. The exact date? August 28th. The most expensive item I've bought for myself? Probably my Return to Tiffany bracelet that I bought after I got a job in the government! Or my Chanel sunglasses.

What's your most treasured memory?

I have a lot of treasured memories as a child with my parents and sister, on vacations in Greece, around the dinner table, and at Christmas, but my most treasured memory is that of my children being born - I can picture both days perfectly clear in my mind. The 2 happiest and most wonderful days of my life.

What was the best gift you ever received as a child?

I loved Jessica's answer to this - she said her sister was the best gift she received as a child. After reading that, I thought: "Now there is a great answer!" And even though, when I was 6 years old, I did receive a great gift in the form of my sister - I can't steal her answer. So, the best gift I received as a child was Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume. That was the first real book I remember vividly reading, and that is when my love for reading and all things books began. I actually remember the exact moment my mom came home with that book for me! And here is a picture of the exact copy I owned - I remember this cover like it was yesterday!



I also remember receiving Canary Yellow (You know, from Rainbow Brite? God, I loved Rainbow Brite!) for my 9th birthday. I was so happy!



What's the biggest mistake you've made?

I have no idea. But I know I've said: "I"m sorry... it was a mistake" countless times. Every little mistake we make can be used as something good, I think - mistakes are made to happen so we can learn from them - or so we can have a good story to tell!

4 words to describe yourself:

Anxious, Worried, Caring, Giving.


What was your highlight or lowlight of 2008?


The highlight of 2008 for me was purchasing my Marc Jacobs black leather purse. JUST KIDDING! Hands down, the highlight of 2008 was the birth of my second child, Dimitry.

Favorite film?

This is a hard one to answer, because I love so many movies - Godfather II, Goodfellas, Snatch, Blow, Scarface, Kill Bill, Clueless, The Usual Suspects, Legally Blonde, American History X, American Beauty, Elf, Anchor Man, and a hundred more - but the one movie I can watch over and over again is Dazed and Confused - I love this movie! It's so much fun, and it reminds me of being young and carefree... those nights that would go on forever, where good times would happen when you least expected it, so memorable you can still remember what you wore or whose trunk you ended up riding in. (Kidding.)(Sort of.)



Tell me one thing I don't know about you.


I am petrified of blimps. They scare me to death! I will try to avoid looking up if there is one flying. Scary! Also? I cried my eyes out after seeing The House of Sand and Fog, and I was traumatized with the ending of that movie. I could not deal! Two of my closest friends saw this movie a few weeks later, and they hated it. I will never understand how they did not find this movie sad! It boggles my mind still!

If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be?


Oh... I'd be Veronica Lodge, because she probably has a killer wardrobe and I like her house. Also - didn't she end up marrying Archie? Or... maybe I'd rather be Betty?



I would love to read all your answers to these questions - so, instead of me tagging anyone specifically, if you want to play along, please tell me so I can go read your answers!

23 comments:

PCN Husband, dad, step-dad and Investment Advisor said...

You are too cute and too funny!

Lisa said...

Fun post. :)

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

Veronica....good choice!

I loved Judy Blume books too.

BWAHAHAHA about your Marc Jacobs bag!

Mama Karebare said...

Cool post!!! Love rainbowbrite

Chantal said...

I totally see you as Veronica, totally. And check out Rainbow Brights leg warmers! Those are so totally back in style!

Krystyn said...

That's a fun one!

~Sandy~ said...

i loved judy blume books too! we must be around the same age...rainbow bright was big when i was young :) great getting to know you a little more!

Mom2Miles said...

Ha! I used to love reading Archie comics as a kid. I always saw myself as more of the Betty type, though. :)

Lady Mama said...

I love your answers. Very funny. You're afraid of blimps?! That is funny (sorry!). And Judy Blume was my fav too as a teen.

Kristen Andrews said...

that is a fun post!

BeachMama said...

Great post! I remember all my Judy Blume books and I think that was one of the first ones I read. And Rainbow Brite?! I think I am much older than you ;).

I always saw myself as Betty but that is because of the blonde hair I think.

Rebecca said...

hooray for Rainbow Bright! I wore a rainbow bright dress to my kindergarten class picture day. just sayin'

;)

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love reading all your answers! Man, we need to get together.....we are so much alike. I would answer some of those the same: Love-Love Judy Blume, love my Tiffany bubble necklace (push present for Cash, love my David Yurman super long chain necklace I bought for myself on day just because====I could go on and on.
The great thing is I like you aren't really braggin' just like nice things-Right?
Thanks for checking in on my blog. Summer has just been busy and I have a lot of blog writing to do!!

amanda said...

how fun is that post?? and loving that you picked veronica :)

ps - happy 18 months to your sweet baby!!

The White House said...

I love that post. Thanks for sharing all. Veronica? I can see that!

Jen said...

First it was Bon Jovi. Now I'm singing ABBA! You're killin' me here.

It's so weird that you mentioned Rainbow Brite because I just gave my daughter MY Rainbow Brite from when I was a little girl (it still has the tag on it! Yea, you could say I was a bit obsessive- compulsive).

Anyways great post!

Danielle said...

Ahhhhh Judy Blume! Her books, along with Beverly Cleary's Ramona series, totally remind me of grade school!

And I think you missed a potential photo op of a newborn Dimitry INSIDE the Marc Jacobs bag! :)

Loukia said...

Just have to clarify here that I'm not mean like Veronica - I just like her style! ;)

Danielle - yes! I loved the Ramona books, too! And of course Sweet Valley Twins/Sweet Valley High/Babysitter's Club!

Rebecca - you have to post that Rainbow Brite picture!

2 Little Irish Boys - Sooo have to meet you!! Would love to go shopping with you! And yes, like you say, I just love nice things!

ModernMom said...

Great meme. I love the words you use to describe yourself....can I just say Me too!

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Here you go: George Clooney is no Jeffrey Dean Morgan; You like stuff way more than I do, probably because I don't have anything nice at the moment; I've never seen Dazed & Confused or The House of Sand and Fog :)

Chelle said...

Love Judy Blume...Love her!

Oh-I left you something on my blog...don't know if I told you or not?! (pregnant brain....)

Scattered Mom said...

I'll play! It'll be posted on Everything Mom this week. I linked back here, too.

Mommy Lisa said...

Wow! Loved Dazed & Confused.
It is the movie that made me fall in love with Matthew McCaugnhey(sp?)

I like high school girls...so sick and wrong, but he was so cute!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs