Tuesday, July 14, 2009

OHmommy... look at those shoes! (The interview)

You know when you stumble across a blog, and instantly fall in love with it? From the design, to the pictures, but especially the content? When the writing keeps you coming back for more, you know it's a great blog! I felt that way when I came across Classy Chaos. Pauline is a sweet mom of three children and shares my obsession and love for shopping. Another mom who loves to shop as much as me, and who will also salivate over a pair of shoes... sigh!

This is my second interview with one of my favourite bloggers - my first was with the ever so fabulous McMommy.

And so... the interview:



Where is your favourite place to shop?

This could be an entire blog post in itself for me! I like to buy quality staple items that last a long time from super nice stores and sprinkle in some trendy seasonal things from normal stores. You can see me jump from a Saks Fifth Avenue to a H&M in one day. Both stores I'm head over stilettos in love with.

When you shop, is it a beautiful experience, like it is for me, in the sense that, when you're shopping, even the air you're breathing is better? I get high when I shop, seriously. Are you the same?

Yes. The angels sing and the skies part, when I slip into something perfect.

What is your most favourite pair of shoes?

Hands down my first pair of Louboutins. They are an open peep toe heel in a nude color that make my legs just go on forever. See here. And the July 4th 2009 USWeekly just announced that nude color pumps are the newest rage as they length the legs. Heh. I told my readers that in 2008!


What is the best part about being a mom?


Sloppy kisses, out-of-tune love songs, scribbled portraits, holding a sticky hand and enjoying all the perfect imperfections of their love for me.

Have you perfected the bedtime ritual?

Mine or theirs? Heh. I guess the answer is the same... nope. When I was a new mom I took much better care of the children and myself. Now, there are nights where all of us might go to bed with chlorine still damp in our hair after a glorious and exhausting day at the pool. I have learned to not sweet the small things as much and enjoy my time with them in a stress free way. Somedays that means no bath.


What are your tricks to keeping sane while driving long distance with children in tow?

As God is my witness and my husband is the dentist, we feed them lots of things that they normally don't get at home. Fruit snacks, chips, gum, candy and juices keep them busy while they color, watch movies, and play games. As long as they brush their teeth well at night, the sugar doesn't harm them (too much) during a long road trip.


Are you good in the kitchen? I'm not. And I'm beginning to think I'm the only mom with no culinary skills! Help me out here... tell me you suck, too!


I. Suck! I have like four meals I can prepare in a classy way and I blogged about all of them. I am relieved to know that I am not alone.


What do you love about blogging? What made you start your blog?


My baby brother introduced me to blogging as we were living far away from each other and I had loads of crazy stories to share. At first it was just my family reading the day to day happenings and then I slowly started to gain an audience. Which turned into friends. And a community. And. I feel in love endofstory.

If we were to go shopping together, would we break for lunch?

I would love to go shopping with you, how much fun would we have? My second favorite thing after shopping is eating and I love to frequent locally family owned establishments. Preferably something ethnic like Lebanese. Nom. Nom.

Hope you enjoyed this interview, everyone!

Who should I interview next?

25 comments:

Managed Chaos said...

Oh, I love OHmommy AND your interview series, Loukia. Great post!

MamaNeena said...

I just love your interviews! You do such a nice job, Mama!

Chantal said...

I have a confession to make. I hate shoppping. I am sorry Loukia, will you still be my friend...

Maybe someday we can shop together. Maybe my problem is that I am doing it all wrong...

Jessica said...

I love the idea of interviews! I think I'll leave it to you, though - you have a knack for it!

Elisa said...

Ah, two fabulous, lovely gals in one spot. Does it get better than that? :-)

Christy said...

I totally loved this interview - fabulous job!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Don't hate me, and don't stop being my friend for this...

My favorite pair of shoes are my Croc flip-flops!

Something tells me that I will not be on your interview list anytime soon after that revelation!

Stacie's Madness said...

cute!

Summer said...

great interview girl!

I have to say, when I'm shopping, it's the only time I forget about food and eating.

And I totally get high from it too!!!

Mandy said...

I'm liking this series idea. Great job. And those Louboutins are phenomenal!

OHmommy said...

This was so much fun! I have to be honest and let you know how happy I am to know that you don't enjoying cooking either. :)

Lady Mama said...

I loved reading this interview. I really enjoy your interviews Loukia, you should definitely do more! And I haven't yet read Pauline's blog so am looking forward to checking it out.

Scary Mommy said...

I'll cook you girls dinner if you do my shopping. Deal?

Nap Warden said...

Well done on the interview girl!

I wish you were going to Blogher:(

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

How fun is this?!?! Next, you should totally interview Barefoot Foodie. She's a RIOT! An R rated riot, but a riot nonetheless!

ModernMom said...

LOL One more Mommy who is not great in the kitchen. I do a mean bowl of popcorn!
Great interview.

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Good Job Loukia!!

The Urban Cowboy said...

Just found your blog, think it's pretty kool...I'll definitely be checking back often.

MamaJoss said...

What a fun interview -- both of you girls are awesome :)

Capital Mom said...

Great interview. I checked out her blog and it looks great.

Decor mamma said...

Great interview Loulou! Nothing better than shoppin till you drop! Although, I have to admit I'm all about the Sales and Clearance!

Elaine A. said...

You both rock and have fabulous taste.

Great job on the interview L! : )

CaraBee said...

Great interview! OHMommy is the bombizzle. I covet the Louboutins. Sigh.

Krystyn said...

Nice interview..I love that you know her before do the interview.

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Looks like we have the same blog taste--as well as shopping too. My mom days are Wednesdays--or should I say my "Shop till I drop day"!!!
Great interview!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs