Can you believe it's June already? Why does summer always go by so quickly?
What are you doing this summer? Any big plans? Any minor plans? Any BlogHer plans, or any vacation plans? This is what is on my agenda this summer!
30 things I'm going to do this summer, in no particular order:
1. Swim as much as I can. I've already broken last year's record for days spent in the pool on hot summer days! I love swimming SO very much - ocean or pool, doesn't matter!
2. Enjoy swimming with my 4 year old - who now swims without floaties - and enjoy swimming with my 2 year old in my arms. Nothing as cute as little babies in the water, splashing and having fun!
3. Drink lots of frappaccino's! My favourite? Caramel, of course! With whipped cream, because... yum!
4. Go for another Mystic Tan. I'm still alive after my near-death experience, and the results were amazing!
5. Take my husband for a much needed trip to Montreal for our 7 year anniversary in a couple of weeks, stay in a super swanky hotel, and have a really, really great night. (*No, I did not strategically plan to stay in a hotel that is practically across the street from Holt Renfrew - I swear, it just happened that way!*)
6. Wear flip flops as much as possible!
7. Water my flowers so they don't die. (I tend to forget sometimes. Let's just say I'm just as bad in the garden as I am in the kitchen!)
8. COOK! Yup. I'm taking many days off this summer, and all those days, I will cook for my family.
9. Cheer on my 4 year old at his weekly soccer games. It is SO much fun watching him play soccer!
10. Cheer on Greece during World Cup! World Cup is the best - the passion, the fans, the sport!(Anyone as excited as I am?)
11. Sit on a patio, over and over and over again... enjoying a cold drink with friends and laughing until my stomach hurts.
12. Take a 3 day vacation with our children to Mont Tremblant! Have a super fun time with the kids, becoming one with nature and getting away from it all. (While enjoying our beautiful hotel and pool, surrounded by the mountains, cute restaurants and shops, of course!)
13. Swim in the lake for the first time, trying not to think of that scene in Stand By Me where the boys come out of the water covered in leeches.
14. Take lots of pictures.
15. Celebrate my oldest son turning 5 years old!
16. Bake cupcakes for his last day of school.
17. Cry on his last day of school. (Baby, you've come a long way! I'm so proud of you!)
18. Cry at the fact that my grandmother, my saviour, my children's caregiver when I'm at work, is going to Greece for 3 long, long, long months.
19. Meet my baby sister's new baby girl - she is due any day now! A new baby to hold and smell and kiss and hug - this is what I look forward to the most.
20. Teach my sister how to swaddle her baby in a soft blanket like a burrito. (And resist saying: "I told you so!" about a billion times about life as a mom...)
21. Take my children to the zoo. And to the Calypso water park, which is close to our home!
22. Enjoy (as usual, time and time again) the amazing museums we are fortunate to have in this city!
23. BBQ! BBQ! BBQ!
24. Get togethers with my bestest friends.
25. Go to New York City for BlogHer 2010 and meet a lot of amazing women.
25. Hyperventilate before getting on the plane - my first time flying without my children with me - and close my eyes the entire flight, feeling like the worst mom on earth for leaving my kids for 2 days.
26. Arrive in NYC. Forget why I'm there and get lost on the shoe floor at Saks.
27. Leave NYC with a suitcase filled with toys for my children to make up for my guilt and my 2 day absense.
28. Eat yummy Greek food at Greekfest.
29. Take my oldest son to and from camp.
30. Finally get my baby boy a queen sized bed like his big brother, putting the crib away and shedding a few tears at having two kids in real beds and no more crib in the house.
For the ultimate Tremblant experience, get in touch with Tremblant Platinum for a Luxury Mont Tremblant Condo rental close to Tremblant resort!
This post was a writing prompt from Mama Kat's Writing Workshop - go over and check out what else you can write about this week - including a prompt from ME!