Monday, July 5, 2010

A perfect picture

There is nothing I have not tried in the quest to take the perfect picture of my children and their brand new baby cousin.

"Smile boys!"

"OMG! Look what's growing on mommy's head!"

"OH NO! LOOK!"

"Chocolate! As much as you want!"

"Look! Look at me! Over here! Look! Dimitry! Christos! HELLO?"

"I SAID... CHOCOLATE!!!!"

I'm failing. It's just not going to happen.

It's almost impossible to get my 2 and a half year old to sit still long enough to take a picture, although he always smiles on demand. (Small victory!)

During the summer, my children go through at least 3 outfit changes a day, because they're always getting dirty at the park, in the sand, in the sink, by the water, and getting food stains - like watermelon - all over themselves. It's like a constant, never-ending battle with the laundry. (Am I alone here?)

Yesterday I tried to take a picture of my boys and my new niece and it was almost a perfect shot - until I noticed the chocolate and watermelon stains on my mis-matched two year old. (Brown shirt, grey shorts? Yup. Last outfit of the day.)

Well. At least they're smiling, right?


11 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Pictures don't have to be perfect - as long as they capture the spirit of the moment, that's what counts in the long run. Glad everyone is enjoying the new babe!

Sandy said...

You are NOT alone, lol. Oscar is just filthy, all the time, and he barely goes outside. He goes through about three outfits per day. Of course, sometimes it's because his diaper leaks.

Love the picture! It looks perfect to me! Kids are so fun to photograph.

Erica said...

still super cute and perfect anyway!!! i have the same problem with my 2.5 yr old......Her attention span is so short that good pics are really a miracle!

ModernMom said...

Those smiles look pretty perfect to me:)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I have the same problem with dirty boys! Yes, at least 4 outfits, for sure! Very cute pic though!

Jessica said...

SO STINKING CUTE.

Shannon @ AnchorMommy said...

Well, I am right there with you on the laundry battle. In fact, I've kinda given up with the wardrobe changes! Unless he's really filthy, and will get other things filthy with his dirty clothes, I let him be. Too much work!

I think that picture is great! You'll look back at it years later, and the stains will remind you of what life was like at the time. Good job coercing those smiles!

Cheryl said...

You won't notice the outfits in 20 or 30 years. Or you might, but you'll remember how much fun they had getting dirty! Great shot!

Connie Weiss said...

It's a great picture!

My kids have started picking out their own clothes....oh the combinations!

Chantal said...

ohh so cute! Good photos will come, but these have such personality!

Jessica-Lauren said...

You have the cutest little boys! and I agree with them pasta! I have it everday and boy does it feel right ahaah ;) I love your blog... I would like to continue following you!
Ill keep it touch:D bye for now!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs