It's finally November! Which means a few things:
1. Red cups are back at Starbucks, baby!
2. I will book my winter vacation to Florida this week because I'm really already so over winter and...
3. I can now finally start talking about CHRISTMAS!
Oh, I know. It's ONLY the beginning of November... but still! The holidays are upon us! Fa-la-la-la-la! It's begining to look a lot like Christmas and all that jazz. Really, it is. There is SNOW and frost and it's cold. So the only think that's going to keep me sane during these cold months is the upcoming holiday season. I'm hopeful this will be a VERY good November.
Here are some festive things to look forward too—the good, the bad, and the... pour me another whiskey, please.
1. Wrapping presents! Despite all the little paper cuts you'll get that will hurt every time you wash your hands, it's worth it. Because... the pretty paper! The bows! The sparkly!
2. Parking lot drama! Trying to find a spot to park on December 23rd as you madly try to finish the shopping you so proudly started on November 1st, only to realize you haven't bought anything for your spouse. Fighting with other drivers, getting your hair wet, sweating from the anxiety, and hitting other cars in the parking garage? SO MUCH FUN!
3. After too much wine the night before, opening all the new presents Santa left your perfectly well-behaved children will be a huge challenge. Word from the wise—have your coffee first, and keep the Bailey's close. Opening all the toys your children received is very, very hard. The packaging! Those little twist-tie things! Pure and utter torture. I will be crying with you as you try to get that truck out of that damned box. I will also be cursing the people who packaged these toys!
4. Writing dozens of Christmas cards—not because you're checking your mailbox frantically every day to make sure your fireplace mantle is filled with Christmas cheer from friends before your holiday party, but because you truly want to be writing dozens of cards while watching Glee. That hand cramp? It'll go away... eventually! Psst - there is a return address label on my envelope for a reason! MAIL OUT YOUR CARDS ON TIME!
5. The holiday weight gain. My personal favourite. No matter what you say, you can't get through a fun holiday season without packing on a few pounds. THANKFULLY sweaters cover it all up. And the mass panic to lose weight for the summer or for that winter vacation down south won't kick in until about late January, anyway.
6. Going into serious debt. Why is it that I'm always most in debt the months leading up to the holiday season? I need a budget that I'm not going to stick to. Just so I can say I tried.
7. Shopping. Good times! Seriously, I LOVE to shop for other people. What's on your list this year? Let me know and maybe I'll surprise you!
What are you looking forward to this holiday season—and dreading?