Skip to main content

2010: What I learned and what I blogged about!

The last post I wrote in 2009 was my a summary of my status updates from Facebook. Believe it or not, it was a (somewhat) decent summary of the year. A quick glimpse:

... so proud of baby Dimitry for walking across the room all by himself!

... going to Atlantis in the Bahamas!

... glad to be home and safe (with some soreness) after a bad car accident on the drive home.


OMG WHAT THE F*** I am freaking out! JUST finished watching Grey's OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm seriously numb. OMG. I'll never ever ever ever be able to fall asleep now. OMG. Like, OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY F***** GOD!

... sad Frank McCourt died. One of my most favourite authors.


"YIAYIA! IT'S AWAKE!" Yup, I love it when my son refers to his baby brother as an 'it'. So funny!

... had my car stolen at the Superstore today, watched it drive away - glad my boys were safe with me... but still... shitty. And then, I find out John Hughes died. This day is just not a good one!


... can't believe my baby boy is starting KINDERGARTEN in a few days! Hello? I have a school-aged child? What is that about? Oh yeah. I'm also turning 33 years old in a few days. Sob. Sob. Sob.

... thinks everyone has to go to see Inglourious Basterds - best movie of the year, for sure! Quentin Tarantino is just amazing, as always. Go see this movie!

2009 was a good year, but 2010 was even better.

My oldest son started senior kindergarten and grew in many ways. He overcame his shyness, learned how to read and write, and decided he wanted to become a geologist. Seeing him perform in his Christmas concert was a huge highlight for me—my once shy guy, loudly and clearly saying his lines perfectly, in front of so many people.

Watching my children become best friends and hearing them talk and play together—reading, building forts, and racing on their plasma cars—continues to make me smile every day. My youngest son, almost three years old, makes us laugh all the time. This child of mine needs to be in movies—he is such a character, and melts everyone with his smile and sneaky ways.

I learned a few things this year, too, and of course, I blogged about them all:

The importance of unlearning.

25 things.

Mistakes Moms Make.

Facing Your Fears.

Tips for a new mom.

Fear of flying.

The most important post you'll read this summer.

I traveled to my favourite place on earth, again.

I wrote a letter to my childhood friend, telling her off.

I almost died, and the headline read: Near death by Mystic Tanning!

I dealt with epic bath-time temper tantrums and I took a trip back to the motherland.

I suffered some serious mommy guilt, and dealt with The evil one.

I shared with you my favourite movies of all time in a cleverly titled post: Best movies ever!

I had a scary wake-up call.

I wrote about the new mile-high club, and about wanting, lusting,and needing.

I had a total eclipse of the heart and (almost) switched from Team Edward to Team Jacob.

I came back with wonderful memories from BlogHer in New York City where I met and connected with many fabulous people, and I have already bought my Blogher'11 tickets, too! (Blissdom Canada was awesome, too!)

2010, for me, was a year full of new experiences... watching my children grow, welcoming my new baby niece into our lives, enjoying hot summer days swimming, spending quality time with friends and family, vacationing in Mont Tremblant, and taking it all in... 2010 was a year of personal growth and it was filled with a lot of love and good times.

Interestingly, I have yet to blog about my love affair with Twitter, but I have to say, Twitter has been such an awesome part of my life, as I'm sure most of you will agree!

I hope you all had a fulfilling year and I wish you a very Happy New Year - may 2011 be filled with nothing but health and happiness for you!

Comments

Avitable said…
Sounds like a good year - have a happy New Year!
Alicia xoxxo said…
SOunds like you had a great year! I hope you have an even better 2011!!!
Unknown said…
When you blog about your love affair with twitter, let me know. I need to write one myself. :)
Lady Mama said…
Happy New Year to you! I think my favourite one was the near death mystic tanning post. It's been a great year, hope the next one is just as good for you.
Jill said…
Happy new year Loukia! Wishing you all the best in 2011!
Safire said…
We started kindergarten this year too. Big year for you! Sounds like a great one, though. Hope 2011 is better!
Theta Mom said…
I am so glad to have met you in 2010! And I know EXACTLY what you mean about that Twitter love affair! :)

Happy New Year mama!!
xoxo
Unknown said…
Wow, what a couple of wonderful years you've had! It's great to look back and remember all that we've done and written about and watch our children grow.

Happy 2011 Loukia! All the best for the new year friend! xo
Stephanie said…
LOL I remember so many of these posts.....the mystic tan has to be one of my all time faves!! Cheers to a new year and BlogHer11!