Skip to main content

A little bit of something

There is so much going on lately I don't even know where to begin. I think the most important thing to talk about is the one thing that has been on my mind more than anything else over the last couple of days. You know, the story that everyone has been talking about, because OH MY GOD REALLY? |At what age do you realise that it's just wrong... so wrong... so terribly wrong...

You know what I'm talking about, don't you?

Yup.

The capes. The weird, Eyes Wide Shut capes that Courtney and Lindzi wore on last night's episode of The Bachelor. God, I'm glad this season is over, because I couldn't bear to look at robotic, zero personality bad-haired Ben any longer.

In all seriousness, let's talk plagiarism. I learned it was wrong to steal other people's work years before I graduated from university. I mean, duh. This is something my boys, who are four and six years old, already know.

I have a hard time writing about a similar topic another blogger has written about unless I credit where I got the idea from. I used to have panic attacks when I would re-write news stories, wanting to make sure that the words I was writing were my own. Liz pretty much sums all I want to say about the topic, even though it's not a new post. Marinka, too. Funny, these two women also happen to be on my top ten list of favourite bloggers, often giving me inspiration with my blog. I support my blogging community and hate it when things get ugly. It's not that hard to do the right thing.

In other news, I haven't been online much because my children have been sick with a never-ending virus and high fevers. A week long fever in either one of my children causes my 'normal' (read: ridiculously high) level of anxiety to reach another level altogether, and night time with sick children means that the hours will move slower than dripping molasses.

I've also been busy with something else. I've been busy drawing pictures. Draw Something is my newest addiction. Admit it. You're totally obsessed with this game, too, aren't you?  I have accepted the fact that my drawing skills are nothing like my professional artist of a mother. No, my skills are the same as they were when I was oh, seven years old. That's pretty much where my math skills have stayed, too. Showing these pictures to you is nowhere near as embarrasing as it was when I showed you my most horrific childhood pictures. That was a really hard post to publish!

Even though I'm not a gifted artist, I don't think my drawings are that bad... right?





I'll return to the regular world of blogging as soon as I can stop trying to collect coins so I can buy new colours and more bombs. Peace out!

Comments

Marinka said…
You are practically Picasso. Oh, what? We're not supposed to steal OR lie?

xo
I hear you about giving credit!

Nowadays it is so popular for bloggers to include lots of pictures in their post, and just slap a "via Pinterest/Google/etc" and never bother to find out the original source of the picture. That soooo bugs me.

Good for you girl, for never taking someone's work! You're a good person.
Your drawings show some great potential. :)
Anonymous said…
so glad I found you on draw something!! I love having people to waste time with!!
Lady Mama said…
Hahaha. It's addictive isn't it? I think your drawings are very good! :)
Unknown said…
Girl, that snowman is GOOD! And I love the Katniss one too.

I haven't succumbed to that game yet...

And yeah, Liz is da bomb. Was so happy to hug her at Mom 2.0 last year!! I love how she keeps it REAL in the blog world.
Loukia said…
Elaine, I'm going to Mom 2.0 this year! I wish you were coming!
sharon said…
The whole plagerism thing? Makes my head want to explode.

Katmiss is awesome. AWESOME.

Sadly, I don't have an iPhone or iAnything so I can't play along. Tis a sad, sad life I lead.
Chantal said…
your drawings are way better than mine! :) I just loaded the app (after I saw you post a few photos on FB) and I have yet to try colour, still B&W and stick men for me ;)
Avitable said…
Those drawings are better than some that I've seen . . .
Mom101 said…
I finally get Hunger Games out of my head...and now ack! It's back! I must see it IMMEDIATELY.
Stephanie said…
LOL Oh I hope you are all feeling better soon, and please do draw some more Hunger Games artwork for us!
OH! Your pictures are SO MUCH BETTER than mine! I never thought to color the backgrounds!
Angella said…
HOW ARE WE NOT PLAYING DRAW SOMETHING?

(AngellaD)

xoxo
designHER Momma said…
you bought colors! also, play me? Designheromomma....
Oh, I hope everybody is feeling better.

And, you are a way better artist than me. I tend to only use the black!