Skip to main content

50 Shades Of Awesome, Toronto Style

The third annual BlissDom Canada conference has come and gone... just like that. It came and lasted all of two minutes (that's what it felt like to me!) but it was worth it, of course.

There is always so much to bring home from these conferences—creative ideas, fresh perspective, new friends, and always, inspiration. After all, BlissDom Canada is a weekend filled with some of the smartest women in the blogging, writing, and social media world, so it's hard not to feel inspired and excited about what you'll do next. Yes, the first few days back after a blogging conference are hard and wonderful... they're wonderful because you get to re-connect with your family and those hugs you receive from the kids? Priceless. The first few days back are also hard because you're not face-to-face in the same room with so many fabulous people. 


Friday night was all about connecting with the members of the Yummy Mummy Club. Erica Ehm hosted a fabulous dinner for all her bloggers, and to have us all in one room was amazing. I learned a few things—like the importance of a properly used M-dash—and how incredible all the YMC bloggers are. Seriously. I fell in love with Dr. Kim Foster, and Sarah, and laughed with Connie, and couldn't get over how hot Erica looked, like an even more gorgeous Maria Tomei. It was a great night filled with laugher, wine, and discussion.

Also, full props to Ali for making everyone rock the sock-boots look so well! She's fashion savvy, that Ali, and I miss her already...

Saturday morning I was excited to give a session on How To Price And Value Your Services, and I worried that people wouldn't come to my table for my three sessions. I was happily mistaken, and a lot of great people came to listen to me speak on how to get paid from blogging and the different ways to make money through social media. Thank you to all the fabulous people who came to hear me speak!

The day just flew by... I am thankful I got to spend time with the people I love, even though it felt like the entire conference lasted less than a day! The costume party was great fun, as usual, and Sharon had the most amazing costume ever—she was 50 Shades of Grey, and she is 50 shades of awesome, always.



After a few hours in Toronto on Sunday, it was time to head back home. I always say this, I know, but this was like, the best confernece ever! I truly had the most memorable time... and can't wait to see everyone again.

Thanks for everything, Bliss Chicks... and to everyone who attended? I hope you truly loved it!

P.S. Gav and Ali, I'll be over soon enough for that brunch...

Comments

Avitable said…
I didn't see your session, but everyone seemed to enjoy it! Toronto and Blissdom is always a great time, and you missed out on an amazing brunch. :)
Angella said…
You are the best! roommate and friend. And next year, we're so inviting ourselves back to the Martell's for brunch again. Gav's food was AMAZING.

xo
sharon said…
You're too cute. Also, thank you for posting a nice picture of me. I'm always horrified at random shots of me :)
Caitlin said…
I had a blast hanging out with you Saturday night! It's always so fun to see you!
Unknown said…
I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. I'm excited to go to Blissdom again here in the U.S. in March.

Love that costume - ha ha!!
alimartell said…
It was fabulous to spend so much time with you; you are one of my most favorite people. Come back soon, love—there will always be brunch waiting for you!
What an awesome time!

And, I seriously might have to borrow that costume idea for this weekend. That is awesome.
Loukia said…
It was so much fun as always! Can't wait to see you again, C! xox
Loukia said…
You always look great. Sharon!
Loukia said…
It was a perfectly awesome time! :)
Loukia said…
You're the best, too, and I loved having you as a roomie again! xo
Loukia said…
You'll love it, Elaine!
Loukia said…
You're one of my favorite people, too, and I loved seeing you. I'll be back soon! xo
Nolie said…
Don't forget me chasing you down for a business card lol. You going to have notes on your session anywhere? So many great sessions I can't wait to read about.
Canadian Dad said…
I'm so glad that people like CL have got my back so I got a chance to at least say hi to you. Even though it was only my first conference, I have to agree that it was the best one ever, haha. I took so much away from it but the new friendships are easily the best part!
Loukia said…
I am so glad we met finally! You're so nice, and I'm glad you had a great time! :)
Loukia said…
It was the best time. I seriously can't imagine not going to these conferences!
Loukia said…
That was funny! I can email you my presentation!
Becky said…
I wanted to get to your session but I couldn't seem to make it over there. I heard great things about it though! Glad to hear that you had such a good weekend. I'm already looking forward to next year.
I didn't get the chance to meet you or attend your session, but I really like your site. Maybe we'll meet next year!
shannon said…
Your face is familiar--I know I saw you around lots this weekend. I'm glad your session went so well. I missed that 50 shades of grey costume and it IS awesome.
Jen Wilson said…
I totally loved rooming with you!!!
Rebecca said…
I swear I see Ottawa people more at the Toronto events - that seems sad ;)

Glad the early train meant some extra shopping fun and congrats on a successful round table!!
zchamu said…
Loved this post. Thank you for EVERYTHING, you were amazing. See you soon? xo
Jen said…
Glad you had a great time! Your costumes were great!