Skip to main content

The Google Nexus 7 Tablet

As the mother of two boys, my house is home to many electronic devices. From the newest Nintendo DS, to ipads and ipad minis, my boys are what I'd call very tech-savvy. More than me, even. I had to ask my seven year old for help recently about something I couId not figure out on my iphone, and he came to my rescue. I was quite impressed. My five year old has better skills using my Canon camera than I do. Times have certainly changed!

I surprised my children the other day with the Google Nexus 7 tablet by ASUS, which was sent to me from Staples. I was so excited to receive this, and it has been a huge hit in my house. Of course my two boys fought over who would get to use it first, but after they decided to take turns and share (sigh!) they started playing around with it right away, and they loved it. I couldn't wait to check it out myself!


The Nexus 7 tablet is sleek, slim, and easy to use, even for the little ones in your family.

Here are some of my favourite things about the Google Nexus 7 tablet by ASUS:



- The Nexus tablet has up to 9.5 hours of battery life and comes with a high resolution screen, and a 7" display.

- The tablet is very easy to use. It was easy enough for my children to understand, too.

- It is a great size; not too big, not too small, and just a little thicker than the ipad mini, in comparison.

- It is the first tablet to feature Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. "The Nexus 7 enables you to intereact more intuitively and faster. Nexus 7 was made for Google Play which provides numerous apps. Nexux 7 also comes with all your favourite Google Apps."

- Nexus 7 brings apps, movies, games and more to life. It's not ony for work! It's great for the entire family.

- The Nexus 7 was primarily designed with gaming in mind, and was created for mobile gamers.

- It is affordable, and sells for only $239.00.

- The Nexux 7 comes with all the Google Apps like Gmail, Chrome, Google+, and YouTube. Everythign syncs easily across your smartphone and computer, too. Total bonus!

Would I recommend this tablet to my friends who were looking to buy one? Absolutely. It has everything they'd need (and everything the kids need, too). It's a sleek device that is easy to navigate and figure out, even if you're not as tech-savvy as most are these days. It's a great tablet for anyone, no matter how experienced they are with new technology.

The best part? The price. At just over $200.00, it's so worth it.



Disclosure: I received the Nexus 7 tablet from Staples.ca to review and to keep.

Comments

Louis said…
The Nexus 7 seems like a very good tablet, I wouldn't mind having one. You're very fortunate that your boys share. I don't know if I would be so nice.

Have a beautiful weekend.