Skip to main content

On Trend For Spring: What You Need To Buy

The most wonderful season of all is here, you guys... spring. And by spring, I mean almost summer, which means it's time to re-evaluate what's in your closet to make room for all the new pretty things you'll need to rock this season.

Step one: Empty out your closet. Dedicate a day to pulling everything out of your closet and drawers, and make a few piles: keep, toss, and donate. I did a major closet purge recently and it felt so good... especially because of all the room in my closet now! Hello, new clothes...

Step two: Go shopping. Not sure what to buy? Here are some of my favourite things right now to make it easier for you!

Here are some must-have pieces for spring:

A new pair of jean capris: I received these cute jean capris from Haggar Caanda, and they're super comfortable and fun to wear with a little t-shirt and wedge heels. This Dream Capri, as it's called, is a 5 pocket bi-stretch denim that comes out the dryer wrinkle free (yay!). I love to accessorize these capris with turquoise, and add a little scarf, too. The perfect spring outfit! These jeans are available at The Bay and at Haggar Canada at Tanger Outlets.


Off-the-shoulder dresses and tops: I am most excited for this trend this season. Like, totally, madly in love with everything I see that's off-the-shoulder. I fell in love with this Tory Burch off-the-shoulder dress at Nordstrom and bought it right away. I can't wait to wear it... over and over again! Check out Nordstrom, Aritzia, and Zara for more off-the-shoulder dresses and tops, in blue, white, and black.



Pretty pink pumps: I love these shoes. They're from Aldo, and they're the perfect pair of summer heels to add to your wardrobe. The beauty is these shoes can go with so many different outfits, from a classic little black dress to jeans and a sexy top for a night out on the town, you can style them any way you want. Aren't they perfect in pink? They come in black and nude, too. Maybe buying all three is a good idea?

































Choker necklaces: Off-the-shoulder dresses and tops AND chocker necklaces are on trend at the same time, and I couldn't be happier. Almost anyone can pull off both looks, and I love changing up my accessories for spring and summer. These chokers are under $20 at Aldo. And I'm stocking up!



The perfect beach accessory: Summer is around the the corner, which means I'll be lounging by the pool every day I can. I am loving HADRY! These head scarves come in a variety of patterns and colours. HADRY is the best fashion accessory to spare your hair while you're in the sun and water. And you'll looks super stylish, too!







Gingham: I love the look of gingham; it always looks so clean and fresh, and now is the time to wear the heck out of it. From dresses to tops, you'll find gingham everywhere right now.






































Other trends I'm loving for spring:

Polka-dots
Stripes
Denim shorts
Pastel colours
Lots of fringe
Bright colours
Ruffles
Patterns

This season is all about having fun, enjoying the colours you wouldn't normally wear during the winter months, and spending as much time as you can outside. From off-the-shoulder tops to flowy little dresses in pretty colours and sandals, spring is certainly shaping up to one amazing season. And hey, of course, any LBD is always in style, too.

Happy shopping!

Comments